Monday, June 8, 2009

A Tiger in the Rough

Just when you get a little bit skeptical about if a comeback is possible--Tiger Woods proves that it is beyond possible.

When the scores of round one of The Memorial Tournament were released, I expected to see Tiger Woods at the top of the list.

1. No Tiger
Then after that a bunch of people tied for 2nd and 7th place. Still no Tiger.

I kept scrolling.

Ah there you are Tiger. Way down below the guys who are in 17th place.

I think to myself, "Man...I really wanted to see him win."

I don't know what I was thinking.

Yesterday, Tiger Woods won The Memorial Open. The guy is just unbelievable. I have several friends who have gone as far as to say that golf is not a sport. But looking at the way Tiger plays, I don't know how anyone can say that. First, the guy is a class act. He is modest, determined, and friendly. He goes out there and he does his job. He loves every moment of it. He is in shape. He possibly the best looking guy on the field. And he is simply nothing short of an extraordinary athlete.

People say that watching LeBron James is the highlight of sports.

No.

Watching Tiger Woods is the highlight of sports.

Watch here as Tiger makes an Eagle shot yesterday at the tournament. This is possibly the turning point in the entire match.


No comments:

Post a Comment